"Knowing the right opportunities to pursue is the foundation of our success."
Building lasting value
Landmark Properties is always seeking investment opportunities that will help strategically expand the Company’s portfolio. If you have an investment opportunity that you would like Landmark to consider, please refer to the criteria below prior to submitting your opportunity.
Market, Property & Land Criteria
Landmark seeks student housing projects in major state University areas and secondary and tertiary markets nationwide. Landmark targets well-located properties that fit the following criteria:
- Raw or developable land within 3 miles of a college or University whose total enrollment exceeds 10,000 students.
- Properties that are under-managed or under-performing due to management transition or other inability to perform at the required levels.
- Properties that present a value enhancement opportunity.
- Properties where current ownership needs liquidity.
To complete a preliminary acquisition assessment, Landmark Properties requires the following information, where applicable:
- Full property description (include acreage and zoning status and regulations)
- Terms of financing (if assumable)
- Detailed market information including current and forecasted student enrollment numbers
- Color photographs (including land sales comps)
- Area map
- Current rent roll & occupancy report for the past 12-months
- Competitive rent analysis
- Copy of the existing management agreement
- Current tax bill
- Previous year’s year-end operating statement
- Year-to-date detailed operating statement
Asset Age & Size Criteria
Landmark seeks existing developments built in 2000 or newer, but we will consider older properties with quality construction and desirable locations.
Landmark seeks raw or developable land of at least 10 acres, but in select instances where the property is located within walking distance to campus, the Company will consider smaller sites.
Landmark Properties typically engages in all-cash, whole-ownership transactions, but we will consider assuming existing financing or seller financing if the terms are favorable or joint-venture partnerships.
Landmark will consider acquisitions ranging from single assets to large property portfolios. The minimum project value sought is approximately $5 Million but we will consider smaller transactions with a desirable location with the possibility of redevelopment.
When dictated by the investment opportunity, Landmark Properties will enter into joint venture agreements with experienced partners.